Welcome to the Sanskrit & Indology Foundation
, a nonprofit charitable organisation whose mission is to spread knowledge on Sanskrit-and-Indic
subjects. To support this mission, the foundation
provides the essential infrastructure and organisational framework for the development of an open-content digital platform SAMSKRUTAM™
and other endeavors. You are welcome to access these contents as well as help build this platform.
- "digital platform", "platform", "website", "SAMSKRUTAM" means - "SAMSKRUTAM Digital Platform" presently hosted as "samskrutam.com";
- "portal", "knowledge portal", "community portal", "SAMSKRUTAM Portal" means - the online contents/tools/portals contained under the digital platform;
- "we", "us", "our", "the foundation" means - the "Sanskrit & Indology Foundation";
- "you", "your", "user" means - you as an user of "SAMSKRUTAM Digital Platform";
- "contribution", "post" means - the contents that users add or change in any of the foundation's portals;
- "reader" means - any user as a reader or consumer of portal contents, without needing any registration;
- "author", "content contributor", "content creator" means - the user who writes or posts contents;
- "personal information", "personal details" means - any information that may personally identify you, which includes - you real name, address, email-address, phone number.
Personal Information Collection
- You as a reader of the portal contents, do not need to share any personal information and we do not collect any such information.
- You as a "content contributor", do need to share personal information like your name, address, email-address and phone-number in the process of us registering you as an author. This information is strictly used for internal record keeping and communication only.
Your Content Contributions
Whatever you post or we post on your behalf, on SAMSKRUTAM portals can be seen and used by everyone. When you make a contribution to any of the foundation's portals, including guestbook or discussion forum, you are creating a permanent, public record of every piece of content added, removed, or altered by you.
Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, you should assume that information that you directly/indirectly contribute to the portals, including personal information, is publicly visible and can be found by search engines. Like most things on the Internet, anything you share may be copied and redistributed throughout the Internet by other people.
Information Use and Sharing
"Sanskrit & Indology Foundation" reserves the right to disclose your personal information as necessary to:
(a) comply with the law or comply with legal process served on the foundation;
(b) protect and defend the rights or property of the foundation;
(c) protect the personal safety of other SAMSKRUTAM website users or the public;
The foundation co-operates with law enforcement and other third parties to enforce laws, intellectual property, and other rights, and we reserve the right to report any information related to suspicion of illegal activity to law enforcement for prosecution.
"Sanskrit & Indology Foundation" will not disclose your personal information to third parties. The foundation may use the information for its own purposes, aggregate information that does not identify you personally, or share aggregated information about our users with advertisers, associates, sponsors, and other third parties.
For each user of SAMSKRUTAM websites, our web server automatically recognises the following technical information as the technology enforces:
- host origin of the request;
- referrer (e.g., where you came from if you arrived at our website via a link);
- session data;
- pages viewed;
- your web browser type (e.g., IE, FireFox etc.);
- operating system information (e.g., Windows 2000, Windows XP etc.).
SAMSKRUTAM websites uses temporary-cookies to ensure the website runs on your computer and you can access content on the website. These cookies are limited to session-establishment as the technology enforces, and do not store any sensitive information like password.