Welcome to the Sanskrit & Indology Foundation
, a nonprofit charitable organisation whose mission is to spread knowledge on Sanskrit-and-Indic
subjects. To support this mission, the foundation
provides the essential infrastructure and organisational framework for the development of an open-content digital platform SAMSKRUTAM™
and other endeavors. You are welcome to access these contents as well as help build this platform.
- "digital platform", "platform", "website", "SAMSKRUTAM" means - "SAMSKRUTAM Digital Platform" presently hosted as "samskrutam.com";
- "portal", "knowledge portal", "community portal", "SAMSKRUTAM Portal" means - the online contents/tools/portals contained under the digital platform;
- "we", "us", "our", "the foundation" means - the "Sanskrit & Indology Foundation";
- "you", "your", "user" means - you as an user of "SAMSKRUTAM Digital Platform";
- "contribution", "post" means - the contents that users add or change in any of the foundation's portals.
SAMSKRUTAM Digital Platform
The foundation operates SAMSKRUTAM an online web platform, (samskrutam.com
, with the vision of building a knowledge repository of Sanskrit-and-Indic
subjects and make available as an authentic and reliable source of reference. The platform hosts multiple knowledge and community portals
as listed below.
| Portal Name & URL||Portal Type||Content Authoring|
Reference portal for studying Sanskrit, mainly - grammar, literature, and shlokas.
|Content for these portals are authored by internal/external registered members only. For registration users need to write to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Contains encyclopedic articles and abstracts on Sanskrit-and-Indic subject.
Contains articles published by authors.
Contains a set of online software tools for free use, mainly - Dictionary, Test, and Crossword Puzzle.
|Content can be provided by anyone for these tools over email to email@example.com.|
|Discussion Forum |
Online discussion forum, where anyone can self-register and participate in discussions on different topics on Sanskrit-and-Indic subject.
Online guestbook, where anyone can make a guest entry, without having to register self.
Most of the present content under SAMSKRUTAM has been authored by the internal core members and to some extent by select volunteers. SAMSKRUTAM also allows content to be authored by selected volunteers
, and commissioned authors
. All works are reviewed and edited to ensure quality and correctness, before getting published online.
Copyright of Content
For contents authored by -
In all cases the copyright holders grant broad permission under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License to "Sanskrit & Indology Foundation" and general public to re-distribute and re-use the contents freely, so long as that use is properly attributed and the same freedom to re-use and re-distribute is granted to any derivative works.
- core members, select volunteers, and professionals (mostly teachers) - the copyright is held by the original author(s);
- apprentice (mostly students), and commissioned authors - the copyright is held by the Sanskrit & Indology Foundation.
The work of all such authors are "attributed" in the Content Creators
Licensing of Content
To spread knowledge on Sanskrit-and-Indic
subjects free, all users contributing to the SAMSKRUTAM Portal(s) are required to grant broad permissions to the general public to re-distribute and re-use their contributions freely, so long as that use is properly attributed and the same freedom to re-use and re-distribute is granted to any derivative works.
You agree to the licensing requirements as mentioned in Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
(also known as CC-BY-SA License).
Followings are the key guidelines to be followed for content authoring.
Any content written should be related to Sanskrit-and-Indic
Articles can be -
- on language, literature, and grammar;
- of encyclopedic and abstract nature;
- of analytical and interpretation nature;
- any topic related to Indology subject.
Article should -
- be of constructive nature;
- have factual references available, wherever possible.
To benefit larger audience, articles can be written in -
- Hindi; or
- any of above combinations.
To maintain a collaborative and cordial environment in the portal(a), following few basic rules are to be followed.
- be related to Sanskrit-and-Indic subject;
- attribute to the source(s)/author(s) which it may have referenced.
Articles must not
- be critical about other author(s) and/or article(s) anywhere;
- be biased, prejudiced, or of any negative nature;
- be using inappropriate language, content or tone.
- be violating any laws including Copyright Laws;
- be indulging in plagiarism.
Certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be in contradiction to the foundation's vision, and some activities may affect others adversely, and some activities may also subject you to liability. Therefore, you may not engage in such activities on our portal(s).
You must not
Sanskrit & Indology Foundation
- engage in harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism;
- transmit chain mail, junk mail, or spam to other users;
- infringe the privacy rights of others under the laws of the "Republic of India" or other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content);
- solicit personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any promotional or commercial purpose not explicitly approved by the Sanskrit & Indology Foundation;
- solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 for an illegal purpose or violating any applicable law regarding the health or well-being of minors;
- intentionally or knowingly post content that constitutes libel or defamation;
- post content that is false or inaccurate, with the intent to deceive;
- attempt to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresenting your affiliation with any individual or entity, or using the username of another user with the intent to deceive;
- infringe copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under applicable law;
- post or traffick obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law;
- use the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law;
- post or distribute content that contains any viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other device that could harm our technical infrastructure or system or that of our users;
- engage in automated uses of the platform that are abusive or disruptive of the services;
- disrupt the services by inundating any of the portals/websites with communications or other traffic that suggests no serious intent to use the website for its stated purpose;
- knowingly access, tamper with, or use any of our non-public areas in our computer systems without authorization;
- any other activity which in contradiction to any law or foundation's vision.
reserves the right to exercise enforcement discretion with respect to the above terms.
, so that you are aware of how we collect and use your information.
If you are an registered user of the SAMSKRUTAM Digital Platform, you are responsible for safeguarding your own password(s) and should never disclose it to any third party.
All Sanskrit & Indology Foundation
trademarks belong to the Sanskrit & Indology Foundation
which includes our trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, or domain names.
We provide these services on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and we expressly disclaim all express or implied warranties of all kinds, including but not limited to the implied warranties of safety, security, accuracy, timeliness, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
Disputes and Jurisdiction
In case of any dispute arising between you and us needing legal remediation, you and us agree to the jurisdiction of the courts located within city of "Bhubaneswar in state of Odisha, India".
to know about any revisions to this policy. User's continued use of the website will be considered as acknowledgment and acceptance of the terms of the revised policy.